We tend to research what we’re buying to make sure we’re getting the best deal and all of the features we want and need. Purchasing a home is no exception and knowing how to create a home buying wish list is vital to ensure you love your home for years to come. Once you’re done reading this blog, you should be ready to start house hunting, and that’s where the fun really begins!
Home buying and home decorating trends change all the time, but there are some elements that stand the test of time. The key is to plan years ahead so you’ll still be enjoying your house five, 10 or even 20 years from now. Whether you’re a first time home buyer or you’ve done this before, this blog will help you create a home buying wish list so you can make sure you’re getting all of your must haves and more. Use your down time to anticipate what you and your family may need in the future and do ample research so you know you’re not leaving anything off your wish list.
What Do Today’s Home Buyers Want?
First, for your home buyers wants and needs checklist, we recommend considering the basics.
1. Determine which part of town you’d like to live in. If that doesn’t matter to you and your location is flexible based on what the home offers, then you’ll have a lot of options and we should have no problem finding you a home you’ll love. We offer homes in all nine cities in Southwest Florida, and beyond. If the rolling green hills of Central Florida and changing seasons of Western North Carolina are more your speed, we offer homes for sale there, too.
2. Which type of community do you want to be in? Southwest Florida has a lot of options! From golfing communities, to boating communities, to tennis, if you want to be around like minded people, you’ve come to the right place.
3. What is your price range? If you have any questions about this, any of our real estate agents are happy to help.
4. Are you looking for an older, historic home, one that’s relatively new? We have agents who specialize in all of these things, including move-in ready and new construction homes.
5. What style of home most appeals to you?
6. How close would you like to be to major shopping centers, airports, conveniences and things to do?
7. Do you need a yard for your dog?
8. Would you like to be near the beach?
9. Determine your must-have home buying wish list items you won’t budge on.
10. How much square feet are you looking for?
11. How important is it for you to live or not live in a community with a HOA?
Determining all or most of these will give us a clearer picture of what you’re looking for and open up the dialogue for us to best be able to answer your questions and help you determine what you’re looking for and what you didn’t even know you needed.
Where in Southwest Florida Do You Sell Homes?
In addition to homes for sale in the Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club, we also offer homes for sale in Western North Carolina. Let us know if you see a home that matches your home features checklist and we’ll send you more information!
If you’re interested in living the ultimate Florida beach lifestyle, we offer homes in the following cities in Southwest Florida on the Gulf Coast:
1. Bonita Springs
2. Cape Coral
3. Captiva Island
5. Fort Myers Beach
6. Fort Myers
8. Sanibel Island
All of these locations are great for boaters, but Cape Coral is known as a boater’s paradise. You know the Italian city of Venice? Cape Coral has more canals than that!
Captiva Island and Sanibel Island are paradise. We’re not going to mince words. Whether you’re looking for a retirement home, an investment property or a general change of scenery, you’ll love living here and exploring the islands. You’ll never want to leave!
Naples is a hub for arts and culture. Beautiful beaches line the coast, there are abundant nature preserves and it’s also known as a foodie destination. You’ll love downtown Naples!
Fort Myers is home to the downtown River District and charming local shops and restaurants. If you’re a baseball fan, it’s the spring training home for the Minnesota Twins and Boston Red Sox.
Fort Myers Beach, Estero and Bonita Springs are some of our smaller towns, but don’t count them out just yet. Bonita has a quaint and charming downtown strip that’s up and coming, it’s home to one of the oldest roadside attractions in Florida and it’s in a great central location, so it’s easy to get to the area’s other municipalities. Fort Myers Beach is ideal if you’re searching for the island lifestyle without the expensive price tag and you still want to be close to other parts of Southwest Florida. Estero is home to a variety of shopping centers, gated golf communities and Estero Bay. Southwest Florida truly has something for everyone!
Home Buying Wish List: Determine your Wants and Needs
This is where you’re going to have to look into the future to do some planning for your house must haves list. Do you have a pet or are you planning to have one in the future? If that’s the case, you’ll want to think about buying a home with a yard or purchasing a home close to a dog park.
The same concept is true if you have a big family or want to start having kids down the line. You’ll need space for their toys, for them to play and they’ll eventually want separate bedrooms, if you plan on having more than one child. In addition to separate spaces for the kiddos, you may also want a home office, or guest bedroom or two.
Is an open concept important? Many people put this on their home buying wish list if they have children to keep an eye on or do a lot of entertaining.
If your ideal home is a high-rise condo with views for days, we have places in mind that will check off the boxes on your home buying wish list.
Let Us Help You Find Your Dream Home
Now that you have a better idea of your needs, wants and must-haves when buying a house, you can get started creating your home buying wish list. Whether this blog post was more of a refresher for home buying veterans or a new guide for first time home buyers, any of our agents are here to assist you in the home buying process, even if you only have a few questions. We make it easy. You make it home.®